Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Digital Nation response

After watching Digital Nation I was really shocked at how much technology rules our lives. I've never thought technology was good or bad, there is a little bit of both. Without technology hospitals would not be as effective as they are today. I think medical advances in technology have been the best benefits of technology. I can't even imagine what life would be without all of that medical technology. But on the other hand, I think kids are becoming too plugged into technology. Some kids let it rule their world, I think there should be a balance between the outside world and the digital world. It's good to get on the computer, or play video games every once in awhile, but I think nature, and the outside world has a lot more to offer than the digital world.

I think the art world would be a whole lot different without technology. It's opened up a whole new medium for creating art. People who aren't great at painting or drawing can get on the computer and create amazing works of art, that take just as long as it would to draw or paint something. But now that we have a new medium to create art, we also have a new way to view art. Instead of going to art galleries, people can just get online and look at pictures of art or pictures of art galleries. Even though they are still looking at art, it's not the same experience as physically going to the gallery. And that's something I don't really like. I think the artist creates his or her own little world when they display their art in a gallery, and viewing it on a computer screen is totally different then being there in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment