Monday, April 8, 2013

Technoscape Assignment


Originally I had something completely different planned for this assignment, but in the end I decided to literally create a landscape. I appropriated different images of different landscapes and used the cloning tool to combine them into one piece. It took me awhile to find the right images to use, there was a lot of trial and error. I didn't want the final product to look completely photoshopped, thats why I added the sunset sky, because I think that the trees, water, and sand all look like one picture, even though they're not.

The whole purpose of creating this landscape was to make a point that with today's technology there is almost nothing you can't create. Which gives artists great opportunities, and I'm always surprised when I see digital artwork, because I would've never thought to do some of the things people come up with. Technology has it's downfalls though, for instance you can search google for thousands of different landscapes and never set foot outside your house. You can view the whole world from your bedroom. It sounds awesome, but if you're able to do that, why travel? Why should we leave our houses if we can do almost everything on our computers? I hate thinking like that. I would much rather travel and see the world through my own eyes, rather than someone else's camera. 

I didn't violate copyright law because I found all these images on a public domain website. Therefore, they are free to use without violating any copyright laws. 

No comments:

Post a Comment